The Engineers School from Peru organises in cooperation with LeAF the international course “Anaerobic Wastewater Treatment for Industrial and Municipal Wastewater”. This 6-day course is given in Spanish and takes place in Lima, Peru. It includes lectures, a technical visit and a design exercise.
- Prof. Dr. Jules van Lier, representing LeAF, The Netherlands and TU-Delft, The Netherlands
- Dr.Lucas Seguezzo, representing LeAF, The Netherlands
- MSc. Rosa Elena Yaya Beas, Engineers School of Peru, Peru
- Eng. Guillermo León Suematsu
- Provide basic concepts for wastewater treatment from municipalities and industries.
- Set the design criteria for wastewater treatment in emerging countries.
- Learn how to design UASB reactors and give and provide main tips for operation and maintenance of UASB reactors.
- Provide knowledge about the main problems associated to the operation of UASB reactors.
- Study practical application of UASB reactor in the paper and beer industry.
- Provide knowledge about available technologies for an anaerobic post-treatment in the case of domestic wastewater.
- Learn how to formulate recommendations for enhancing wastewater technologies and contribute to the health protection.
The first module of the course is designed for decision makers who work in the field of wastewater. The complete course (4 modules) is designed for professionals who work in the design of wastewater systems: biologists, environmental engineers, sanitary engineers, civil engineers and chemical engineers.
More information about the course can be found in the flyer. For the registration form and questions, please contact ryayabeas[at]uni.edu.pe.